Anti-Inflammatory Spice Cookies
These cookies contain not 1, not 2, but 4 anti-inflammatory spices!
Turmeric + black pepper + ginger + cinnamon!
Ingredients – Serving 18 cookies
- 8 tablespoons of palm shortening or butter
- 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of organic blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of orange extract
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup and a half of cassava flour
- Preheat the oven at 350°.
- Mix the palm shortening (or butter), the eggs, the coconut sugar, and the molasses in a bowl.
- Whip together until smooth and combined.
- Add the spices, the orange extract, the salt and the baking soda and continue mixing.
- Finally, add the cassava flour and mix until the ingredients come together to create a dough.
- Lay a piece of oven paper on a flat surface and, using a rolling pin, roll the dough to reach preferred thickness, and cut in the cookie shapes.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Let it cool down and enjoy!