Creamy red turnip velouté
A colorful and tasty velouté, ideal to pamper yourself when it’s cold outside!
– 350 gr of red turnip
– 150 gr of potatoes
– 150 gr of red onions
– 40 gr of extra virgin olive oil
– 100 gr of goat cheese
– Salt & pepper
– 2 spoons of lemon juice
- Cut the potatoes and red turnip into small dices.
- In a pan, mix the oil, the chopped onions, the potatoes, salt and pepper, and brown everything for about 5 min.
- Add the red turnip to the mix and cover it all up with water. Let it cook for 15min, with a lid.
- Blend everything, adding 50 gr of goat cheese, until you reach the creamy texture of the velouté.
- Preparing the goat cheese sauce, which will be used as decoration: in a saucepan, mix the lemon juice, the other 50 gr of goat cheese, a spoon of extra virgin olive oil and salt. Add water if needed, to adjust the texture of the sauce.
- Serve the velouté in bowls, adding the goat cheese sauce on top, as decoration.