Piecrust stars with cheese and bacon filling
– 2 rolls of pie-crust
– 40 g of diced smoked ham
– 40 ml of liquid cream
– 80 g of Edamer cheese
– 1 egg
– Sesame seeds (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven at 200° C.
- Unroll one of the piecrust rolls and print the mark of your star-shaped pieces with a star mold (about 6cm of diameter), without cutting yet, just to have an idea of the shapes to follow.
- In the center of each star, put a little piece of cheese and one of smoked ham.
- With a cooking brush, slightly moisten around the filling of your stuffed stars: it will be useful to make the second roll stick better.
- Unroll the second piecrust roll and gently place it on top of the previous one, so that both roll stick to each other.
- With your fingers, press around the filling to make both rolls stick to each other better.
- With your star mold, cut the stars in, placing the filling in the middle. Place each star on an oven tray, on oven paper.
- Brush the surface of the stars with the beaten egg and liquid cream and sprinkle the sesame seeds on the surface.
- Put in the oven for 20min, still at 200° C.